Friday, September 30, 2011

The bottle and the damage done

Hi all,

Yes, I was a fledgling alkie. Although maybe not. Anyway, that was all a long time ago. Over a year. I mean, it was practically another lifetime! Thanks to Mark at the National Post for running this piece.

DRINK 'EM IF YOU GOT 'EM

... on second pass, having read it again, I'd like to make a few amendments. First off, I don't think I was an alcoholic---and I only say so because to claim I was insults those out there who really have or continue to struggle with alcohol abuse. I was a daytripper, I guess. I mean, I drank WAY too much for awhile there, and I think I probably had a few of the tell-tale signs of burgeoning alcoholism. That part of the piece was simply to indicate that these (self-diagnosis) thoughts did pass through my mind at the time.

Secondly, I don't think that people who don't drink or who have quit drinking are "Mayors of No Funsville." I know plenty of teetotallers and I care for them very much. They have lots of fun. They're mayors of A Lotta Funsville. So just to clear that up ...

All best, Craig

No comments:

Post a Comment