Friday, September 27, 2013

REVIEW, PROFILE AND A FREE STORY

Hi All,

So, another review from the Montreal Gazette. Take a read, if'n you please. My thanks to Ian McGillis for taking the time to read it and share his feelings about it.

CATARACT CITY REVIEW

And/or, you can read this profile by Martin Knelman of the Toronto Star. Martin is one of those old-school newspapermen who I've had the good fortune of stumbling across once or twice in my career, full of better stories than the ones I try to tell. So my thanks to him for the piece. The photo, taken at our home in Toronto, looks kind of vertiginous. Like maybe we like to hang our paintings off-kilter, which makes me look a little dizzy. Maybe this is even the case—who knows? Somebody needs to come over and tell me if all our paintings are hanging crooked-ass, and I'll try to fix it!

MARTIN KNELMAN PIECE

And finally, a story. It's called The Vanishing Twin, and it may (will, likely, but it's not totally my call; my editor has a big say in this) be included in the short story collection that will follow Cataract City at some point. This story was published in The Fiddlehead, UNB's journal. Thanks to Gerard Beirne (a wonderful writer, btw; check out his book TURTLE) at the Fiddlehead for putting the piece forward, and to The Center For Fiction for republishing it.

It's a long one, so if you're not a fan of reading longform stuff online, well, maybe you'll want to print it up? It's also a little nasty, so be warned.

THE VANISHING TWIN

All best, Craig.


No comments:

Post a Comment