Saturday, November 2, 2013

Is this the leering and vaporous face of a serial killer?

Hi All,


Ye GODS! I mean, really, Holy Mother of Merciful Angels!

Well, there's another one to add to the collection of the hideous photographs that pepper my existence as a writer; another framed snapshot, a memory frozen in time. It's mesmerizing, isn't it? You can't peel your gaze away from my vacant, tumorous little eyes, eyes that hive with a strange and repulsive avidity.

I think it's less the eyes than the weird set of my jaw, actually. I look like a traveling salesman who'd show up on your step with a briefcase of foot ointment ... but when I open up the case, cockroaches spill out instead as I laugh and laugh with crazed glee. Then I eat your face.

Anyhoo, what can you do? Perhaps I have a face made for radio, as they say. But remember, with the right lighting and proper handling, I can look like a normal human being:


Anyhoo (II), the top photo is a still taken from a video segment done as a leadup to the Gillers. You can watch my interview, and the ones with each shortlisted author, via the link below. They're all worth watching, if you're into that kind of a thing!

GILLER VIDEOS (MINE, AND THE OTHER FINALISTS, TOO)

All best,
Craig.

No comments:

Post a Comment