Tuesday, November 19, 2013

The Wormhole / The Great Grape Pop Robber

Hello All,

Please find following a link to my essay, or "Ryeberg" in this case, called The Wormhole.

When I went to Banff as a part of the Wordfest festivities, I was approached by the ever-cool Erik Rutherford, curator of the Ryeberg series, and asked if I wanted to put together something for the event. I joined Andrew Pyper, DW Wilson, and Joanna Kavenna for an afternoon of Rybergs—which are essays accompanied by video clips, put together by Erik. It's a very cool concept and it was a very cool event, and I was happy to be a part of it.

As you might suspect, my contribution was a bit ... odd. You can hunt around the site, if you'd like, and find other great essays by some fantastic writers.

THE WORMHOLE

Also while I was at Wordfest, the lovely Maria Turner asked me to tell a story for her Carte Blanche "This Really Happened" reading series. I joined Michael Winter, Todd Babiak, Lisa Moore and Ophira Eisenberg. If you want to hear an audio recording of my scintillating, earth-scorching performance (because, y'know, I'm totally known for my verbal storytelling, scat poetry, and things of that nature ...) then feel free to check it out, too.

THE GREAT GRAPE POP ROBBERY

All best, Craig.

No comments:

Post a Comment