Well, another year is rounding to a close. Seems like as good a time as any to make a few jottings about year-end type of stuff, and other stuff coming up in 2014.
First, there are those "year end" lists popping up right now, and Cataract City has landed on a few. Very fine company to be keeping! I need to read The Goldfinch, clearly.
MARK MEDLEY'S TOP TEN BOOKS
IAN MCGILLIS'S YEAR-END BOOK REVIEW
Beyond that, here are a few dates where I'll be popping up in the new year, reading or talking or just being a weenie, which is my stock-in-trade.
1. Reading at Western University. January 24th. 2:30-4pm.
2. Bonnie Stern's Book Dinner. January 27th.
3. Cúirt International Festival of Literature. April 8-13. Galway, Ireland.
4. Readings at the Roselawn reading series in Port Colbourne. April 24, 2014. 7:30pm.
READINGS AT THE ROSELAWN
5. Friends of the East Gwillimbury Library reading event. April 29th, 7:30pm.
6. Niagara Falls Writer's Conference. May 2nd, 8:30-12:30pm.
7. RiverBrink Art Museum Talk Series, Niagara on the Lake. May 25th, 2pm.
8. Festival America. Sept 11-14. France.
Beyond this, there may be some other dates for the paperback edition of Cataract City, or a few dates when the UK version is released in February, or the US version in July, or the French version in September. I'll add them if and when they happen.
Links to the upcoming editions (except the French) follow below—they're the amazon links, but there are other places to find a copy if you don't want to support that particular behemoth.
UK VERSION OF CATARACT CITY (Feb 6, 2014 pub date)
CANADIAN PAPERBACK OF CATARACT CITY (March 11, 2014 pub date)
US EDITION OF CATARACT CITY (July 8, 2014 pub date)
All best, Craig.