Tuesday, May 6, 2014

JOE ROGAN PODCAST

Hello All,

Big thanks to Matt Staggs, who put my book into the hands of Joe Rogan, which led to an appearance on his podcast. It was a marathon 3 hours, a marathon Joe has run nearly 500 times now but which was a new experience for me; my usual interviews, when they occur, usually run a modest 2-15 minutes. So I'm not sure how I did, really, but Joe was very cool about maneuvering me through my first longform podcast experience. Really a cool guy, very thankful to have had the opportunity.

JOE ROGAN PODCAST

All best, Craig.

3 comments:

  1. Craig, that interview carried me over on a 3 hour drive. You were exceptional to listen to. What I found about you, and like about Joe, is that you both were incredibly pragmatic. Your dissection of current [cynical or hipstery] young writers was spot on. What I liked best was your philosophical perspective on men being men. Reiterates that notion that the American culture pushes aside the lumberjack lifestyle. Joe is like a modern day podcast guide, so that always helps. One of my favorites. Cheers, Neal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Neal, Glad you enjoyed it. Joe is certainly an able guide through those long podcasts. He's got the knack. I was just pleased to be part of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Listening to it now, love it! During my English degree I had a poetry professor ask who I liked to read. I answered Tom Clancy, Stephen King, Andrew Vachss. He made a face (you know the face) and I got a D in the class.
    Can't wait for the rest of the podcast and to dig into The Troop, and love The Fighter!

    Best,
    Jeremy

    ReplyDelete